I had my DK’s transmog set planned out before the race change went through. Only thing I had to get was the sword, which took only 2 runs through BFD to acquire. The rest of it was collected through drops or well timed AH purchases. (I refused to spend more than 50g on any item in the set because at the time I didn’t know who would wear it.)
Oh, and helm turned off because it’s one of the ugliest non-tier designs in the game.
Encountered this gnome mage during an LFG run - I really like the feel of this outfit.
My paladin’s transmog set is pretty much done. As you can tell from the list below I didn’t pick a single set and stick with it, but instead focused on style and color choices.
I am VERY happy with how this turned out, though I wish my sword’s enchant wasn’t so intense.
Shoulders: Westguard Epaulets
Chest: Spiked Cobalt Chestpiece
Hands: Stalwart Grips
Waist: Girdle of Bolete Explosion
Legs: Westguard Legplates
Feet: Spiked Cobalt Boots
Main hand: Twisted Sabre
Off Hand: Anti-Trogg Shield
So this happened.
Progress so far, for those keeping score:
Helm - Mekgineer Steamrigger - Steamvault DONE!
Shoulders - Omor the Unscarred - Heroic Hellfire Ramparts DONE! (You were a mighty opponent, Omor, but should not have raised my ire.)
Chest - Grandmaster Vorpil - Shadow Labs DONE!
Waist - Rokmar the Crackler - Heroic Slave Pens
Wrists - Broggok - Heroic Blood Furnace NOT BOTHERING!
Legs - Hungarfen - Heroic The Underbog THEY DON’T EVEN FIT YOU! GIVE THEM UP ALREADY!
Hands - Nazan & Vazruden - Heroic Hellfire Ramparts DONE!
Boots - Capt. Skarloc - Heroic Old Hillsbrad Foothills
The Mogging Continues!
As I continue to flail and fail at gathering the paladin T2 recolor set for Crashbang (death by fire is too good for Omor), I’m looking at the character I have that is actually a paladin.
You know, the one that has almost a complete set already.
And I’m thinking of changing it - for four reasons, each one sufficient:
- I don’t like having two characters that are in the same outfit. Sure, one’s human and one’s a gnome so they still differ visually, but the same outfit gives them the same feel, and I don’t want that when they have different RP concepts behind them.
- Related to #1: Crash is an aspiring paladin. Of COURSE he would want to wear T2. My paladin is a grizzled vet. He doesn’t show off or get fancy, he gets the job done and goes home. Regardless of the color scheme, T2 paladin gear is showy.
- Paladin T2 doesn’t match the guild tabard.
- It gives me something to do with my wife, who wants transmog pieces from a lot of the same places I’ve been farming. Even if she completes a set she has a lot of characters left to build outfits for.
So what alternatives am I considering? Here’s the shortlist so far:
- Wyrmskull/Bloodmar/Westguard Plate: Simple, looks effective, and my wife’s gnome priest is the perfect level for benefiting from the instances in which it’s found.
- Frostpaw/Golem Plate: Not as interchangeable as above, but otherwise desirable for all the same reasons.
- Artificial Gorilla Plate: Would work VERY well with my current guild tabard, though it seems to be all quest rewards. My paladin did a LOT of quests on the way up, so I’m not sure which ones are still available to me.
- Recolored Crystalforge: One of the flashier sets, but I like the color scheme even if the shoulders are a bit much.
- Gothic Plate: One of the few sets that would have me farming vanilla content - or more likely, checking the AH a lot.
- Dark Iron Plate: Simple, well designed, but not too ornate. And hey, black goes with everything. It may take time to gather recipes and materials to craft it though, and I suspect the prices in the AH for completed gear would be high.
- Savage Gladiator’s Redemption: Transmog gear for honor points? HELLO, short farm time!
- Ornate Saronite Battlegear: I strongly dislike the helm and shoulders, but the rest of it’s good and not hard to craft.